Thursday, June 11, 2015

Late night thoughts at 10:15 P.M.

        I’m the suffer-in-silence kind of person. I prefer to keep my true feelings to myself, especially negative feelings. I don’t want to appear weak or bad in front of other people. Sure, I blog about my feelings for anyone to read but I can’t say my feelings directly to the person/s involved. There’s something neutral about writing or blogging about your feelings. You can make it sound universal, and true, such human emotions can be experienced by anyone. But when you say it directly to the person/s involved, it becomes too personal. It becomes an embodiment of who you are in parts. The you who reacts this way. The you who feels strongly about a situation. It becomes a part of you instead of a situation that can happen to anyone and you just happen to be the one sharing about that similar experience.

         I guess that’s my way of expressing my emotions, how I feel, and what I think without getting the feeling that I’m compromising my image by reacting in such a negative way. Maybe the way I think about fully being honest straight up about my feelings is wrong. Maybe it’s wrong to think that my image will be compromised if I’m truly 100% honest about my feelings... Who knows? Maybe you would like to share your opinion/s with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment