Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pen and paper

        The happy part about writing is that sometimes you have lots of inspiration. You are just flowing with them. You can see something to write about in almost anything you laid eyes upon. The possibilities feel endless and you can’t wait to articulate them properly on pen and paper or get back to your computer so you can type it down before it goes away. You feel creative and you can find words to give life to anything.

        However, the sad part about writing is that sometimes there’s nothing. Literally nothing comes into your head no matter how hard you try to write about something. Even the most art inspiring subject can be so difficult to write about. I guess this is what they call writer’s block? It makes you frustrated, thinking where did all those creative juices go? Where is that artistic side in me that can write about almost anything?

        The remedy? Wait it out. Wait for that moment again when you feel inclined to write again. When the mood takes you. I mean that’s my remedy. Maybe yours is different. That’s why when I am hit with inspiration, I do my best to take note of it because most of the time, I forget it at the end of the day when I’m less busy. I try to remember it again and do my best to express it in writing. That way, I can have a collection of my thoughts. Something to look back on and see the me from a different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment