Friday, May 8, 2015

FullDive with you

I watched Sword Art Online and now I’m currently watching Sword Art Online II and can’t help but wish that it’s real. Of course, I won’t “dive” into the virtual world right away. I want to observe the first players first because who knows what could be the consequences. I don’t want to experience the die-in-the-game-die-in-real-life concept of Sword Art Online. Of course in the later parts of the anime when Sword Art Online was cleared, the other full dive games have no such concept.
 
Here’s a little description of what Sword Art Online is about. Sword Art Online, hereby shortened to SAO, is a full dive game where a person will wear a NerveGear on his/her head so he/she can FullDive into the game. The body goes on a comatose-like state while playing the game. The player can fully interact inside the game like in another world. No consoles, full interaction & fighting. So even if you live far away or not, you can interact with anyone on SAO being a VMMORPG.
 
So back to wanting to play a game similar to Sword Art Online… Okay, I prefer ALfheim Online since it has more “magic” and you get to choose from different classes of fairies. Alfheim Online, hereby shortened to ALO, is another full dive game in the SAO anime that is similar to SAO. You can buy in game houses & properties so you can have a place to stay while meeting with friends or go on quests or do stuff together like homework or any game/activity you want. It’s pretty convenient for people who live faraway. I know nothing beats real time, actual meeting with friends but if there are time constraints or location problems then an environment like SAO or ALO is very convenient. Imagine buying a log cabin with a beautiful view (hahaha rip-off from Asuna & Kirito’s log cabin) where you can meet with friends or escape reality for a while when it’s getting rough. A dream come true for someone like me!

Since ALO uses an AmuSphere (google it), you don’t have to stare at the screen while playing because you’re IN THE GAME. For someone with poor eyesight like me who suffers from astigmatism, this is a great development in that the grades of my eyes won’t increase leading to poorer eyesight caused by staring at the screen for long hours. Can’t it get any better? Plus I get to have 20/20 vision in the game so no inhibitions to my movements caused by constantly wearing glasses. Aaaahhh.. T_T

I don’t know if it will become possible in the near future but I do need such an environment at the moment. An escape... a place to meet with that person who lives far away from me… A place where we can stay, play, do quests together & relax together after completing quests…*sigh

Sword Art Online 

ALfheim Online

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree I wish so much that sao was real. The game just looks incredible and the anime is also extremely good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha but lets leave out the dying in real life part. I prefer ALO, though. :) How about you?

      Delete