Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day craze

Today, many people are conscious of celebrating Valentine’s Day like everybody else. I have nothing against celebrating V-Day. In fact, I like the idea of allocating a certain day to do something extra special with your loved one especially if both of you have tight and conflicting schedules. A planned date is good but that’s not an excuse to only show love on that specific day. We must continually show our partners that we love them and make them feel loved. Anyway, back on the topic of V-Day, what I’m saying is don’t be pressured because you didn’t receive what most people got on the day of hearts. Believe me, I know it feels exhilarating to receive flowers and chocolates and all those cheesy stuff especially on valentine’s season. There came a time when I no longer received any and my mood plummeted to the depths of the abyss. Expectations and the feeling of being “in” turned my mood sour. I even went as far as making comparisons which is very nasty of me. I really feel sorry for being immature then.

However, I came to learn that extra effort and little celebrations don’t have to fall on a single day. You can always have those cheesy moments and little surprises any time of the year. If you really want it, you can discuss it with your partner (although that kinda kills the surprise factor but some people really need a hint).

If you didn’t get any chocolate or flowers on Valentine’s Day then don’t be bitter towards people who do. If you receive any, be thankful, if you didn’t, don’t let it make you unhappy. If you received something from someone unexpected then be very thankful because that person thought of giving you something no matter how small or insignificant it is to you. Don’t let one day dictate your relationship. Take control and if you want something then ask without getting needy or angry.

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

1 John 4:19 We love, because He first loved us.


Let us show our love for the people we care about everyday of our lives.

Chocolate pop from a lady co-worker. Thank you, ma'am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment