Friday, February 26, 2016

Devil's Food Cake!

Finished product!
Devil’s Food Cake... I’ve been eyeing this recipe way back when my sister still resides with us. As Nigella demonstrates how the cake is made on YouTube, I’ve been very curious to try it myself. I lacked confidence then and I was afraid of wasting ingredients so it took me this long to try it out. It actually took me years! Aaaand finally! I was able to bake Devil’s Food Cake using Nigella’s recipe!

I kept watching the video and observed how she does it and studied the recipe a few days before actually baking the cake. I checked if the ingredients were available here and scouted for them beforehand. As that fateful day drew close, I got more and more anxious to the point that I want the day to come faster so I can get over my anxiety!

Glossy AF! XD
I planned on baking this cake a day before my mum’s birthday with the help of my partner but unfortunately he turned up late and I had to start baking before lunch to avoid finishing before brownouts takeover. I was really annoyed that he wasn’t able to help in the main baking time but I brushed it off ‘cause I don’t want to ruin the mood in making the cake.

My brown babies! :3
Lo and behold! The cake was a success! It turned out better than I expected. I kept patting the cakes lovingly while waiting for the frosting to get ready for application. My partner kept teasing me at how I’m petting the brown babies. I kept saying, “What? Don’t you wanna pat them? Aren’t my babies beautiful?” Hahahaha he must think I’m weird but I don’t care. I was filled with pride at the success of the cake. It gave me confidence to explore more recipes in the future. Thank you, Nigella, for your easy recipe!

He ended up mixing the frosting till it’s ready and helped me apply them to the cake. He said the cake was yummy and I hope he’s right and not just biased. I have this psycho thing where I think what I do is not good enough despite people saying it’s delicious or it turned out great. Anyway, it turned out beautifully, inside and out! Hurray! I hope they appreciated my efforts in baking something different. I will definitely bake some more in the future!

Rest assured, my children will always have a birthday cake made by their mother every birthday. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment