Sunday, February 28, 2016

Late Valentine’s surprise to myself… I guess?

I’ve always had no luck in raffles whatsoever. For some reason, my name or entry never gets called until I’ve given up any hope of winning. I only drop them in dropboxes with a carefree mind, thinking I will never win until this month.

There’s this raffle from Gifts Davao where all you’ve got to do is like their page on Facebook (Gifts Davao Free Delivery), like and share the post about the raffle and comment on the post. You’ve got to comment on which one of the two necklaces you would prefer, yellow gold or white gold, and tag your lover. It was pretty easy and I commented yellow gold and tagged my partner. He’s not active on Facebook so that was just for the mechanics. He didn’t know I entered the raffle. I shared their post and tagged my friends who might be interested. I shared the post twice and I was very active about the raffle and interacted at the comments section of the post.

I was hoping without actually expecting that I’ll get the yellow gold heart necklace. One day, the admin of the page replied to my comment and announced that I won the yellow gold necklace! I couldn’t believe it at first! My glee sprung from a deep belief that I don’t have luck in such situations and here it happened! I won! It felt like a miracle! I felt like dancing for joy because aside from getting a really dainty prize, the essence and feeling of actually winning something after years of believing I am not meant for such things is heady! I couldn’t contain my joy and was excited to claim the prize as soon as I can! It’s actually stainless steel plated in gold with a delicate gold chain. Wow. After I claimed it, I asked my partner to clasp the necklace for me. I won myself a necklace! Happy late Valentine’s Day to me, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment