Friday, November 6, 2015

You're my freak

"You're a classical cellist whose parents are old punk rockers. You're a total freak. But you're my freak."

- Adam, Where She Went


This line from Where She Went made me smile because it reminds of the times my partner calls me funny names and adds, “But you’re my <insert insulting/funny name here>.” It’s cheesy and all but it still makes my heart flutter.

 I’m currently reading Where She Went and I’m hooked. The story of If I Stay and Where She Went is sad and tragic but not in a heavy way. You know how depressing their situation is but it’s told in a way that doesn’t make you feel sad in a bad way. It’s a hopeful kind of sad. I can’t totally explain it but the movie felt heavier compared to the book. The drama and emotions felt heavy in the movie compared to the book. I like it all the same and I’m looking forward to unraveling the story in Where She Went

No comments:

Post a Comment