Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sadness issues


"You are never too young or too mature to be so sad. Your distress is not less than somebody else's just because they seem to have been through more. No matter what triggers you, if you are hurting, your suffering is important. Regardless of how stupid or trivial you may think the reason is, if you feel down, do not be afraid or embarrassed to reach out. You do not need to prove or spell out your depression to the world in order to be cared for. Most often, silence is more dangerous than scars. If somebody says you don't look exhausted, tired or disturbed enough, please ask them to go screw themselves. Nobody gets to tell you how much heartache or agony is 'enough' for you to finally start seeking help. Do not ever be ashamed of asking for attention. Remember, your pain is valid. You are significant."

- Teresa A. Braggs

Oftentimes I feel that my grief should be justified. That if I feel sad for something, it should be great enough so I'll have the right to feel sad or to just stop being happy and wallow in sadness. To feel the negative emotion in order for me to release it and take a step towards recovery. People always compare their hardships to mine which makes mine sound insignificant. I feel that I lost the right to be sad because others have it worse which results to me bottling it all up. I won't be able to release it. This bottled up negativity will suddenly explode under the slight hint of pressure or another "tragedy" that results into further conflict or misunderstanding with the people who triggered it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment