Saturday, February 7, 2015

Past peeping at me

I regularly check my emails so that they won’t expire or get cancelled. I first checked my oldest email ad which was actually made by my sister when I needed one way back grade school days. I checked at old messages saved in folders & felt a pang at how much my sister & I exchanged emails. The messages are mostly forwarded kinds but it made me realize how much we emailed each other before especially when she no longer lived in the same city as I. How things changed! To think that they (her family) is planning to move to another country! That’s so far. It was already saddening when they no longer lived in the same city, let alone a different country! Nobody knows what’s gonna happen in the future. We can only hope & do the best that we can in the present.
 
There are also other messages that I found in my inbox; messages from people in the past whom I was close friends with but now seemingly distant. It made me wonder what happened between us, why we became all distant. I suppose I grew out of them or vice versa. Either way we took different paths & were not able to return to the way we used to be unlike some people. Some of us don’t talk anymore or have almost nothing to talk about. I can’t even talk to them or when I DO try to talk to them, they wouldn’t reply to my queries. It’s kind of discouraging to continue to contact them when it’s already obvious that they don’t care as much as I do because if they do have even a bit of concern, they would reply. All I get are “seens” from FB messages I sent to them. So I decided to move on with my life & be content with what I have.

So there, things & people may change but what happened will never change. Mementos that are born from those events will remind us of what was. It will peep at us when we least expect it & send our hearts aching for something that will never come back, that is never the same.


Another one of my old writings that I want to share on this blog. ;) FYI, my sister and her family flew to Australia June last year so this writing was, I guess, months or weeks before their flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment