Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wish: Go to book signing events and have one (or some!) of my book/s signed by the author/s

photo source
     
     I’ve always loved reading books because it’s the cheapest ticket to anywhere; real places or veiled mists of fantasy! It’s also a way for me to relax and de-stress. Whenever I get really pissed, reading a book calms me down. It evokes different shades of positive and negative emotion in me which feels really good. It’s a safe place to experience the heartbreaks, breakthroughs, triumphs and bumps of people’s lives just by reading about them.

     I have great respect for authors of books that tell stories in a way that takes you to a faraway place or actually makes you feel like you’re the heroine of the story. You’re the one battling those insanely evil and powerful enemies. When I read the Throne of Glass series, I actually felt like the Fire-breathing Bitch Queen who threatened and cornered the Fae Queen Maeve. I felt as awesome as Aelin while reading her encounters and character development in the story. Makes me wish I also have my very own Rowan! *Cough *cough

     So as a bookworm, having my books signed by the author I so respected and admired is a dream come true! I can finally say that, “You’re real! Someone as amazing as you is real! And I have proof of your existence! You’ve been here!” or similar fan girl thoughts. I really sound geeky right now but I can’t help it. I consider books as treasure. So anybody out there who doesn’t know what to give me, just get me a book. It’s a sure-win gift that would greatly please me. ;)


P.S. I highly recommend the Throne of Glass series especially those who like fantasy novels such as Eragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment