Monday, July 4, 2016

Dreams and fears go hand in hand


photo source
 "If you’re not scared, it’s not big enough.” - Unknown
This sentence didn’t hold much meaning for me until that one milestone happened in my life. I never wanted anything as much as I wanted that thus the amount of fear I feel is directly proportional to how much I want it.


I’ve been waiting for that chance for a long time, it aches. I wanted it so much to come true and for things to fall into place around it. No matter what happens, I have no regrets in taking that chance and that everything for it is worth the consequences I might face.



As far as I can remember, I wanted things without exercising this much effort. My attitude was more like, if it’s for me, then okay, if not, I will move on. This time, my soul felt like it was being ripped from the strong want I feel. This time I made every effort so I have no regrets in seizing this chance with both hands and that’s why I fear so much. I fear that I will be devastated. I fear that in the end, the one thing I want won’t be given to me. What if it will be given to me and yet things won’t work out and I will end up letting it go not because I didn’t earn it but because of external forces stopping me from fully embracing my current greatest wish!



I know I shouldn’t overthink and my mom tells me this is just an exercise on my emotions. She believes I’ve been through life barely scathed and have it easy that’s why I need all the preparation I can get for more treacherous waters ahead. I shudder to think how this can be easy compared to future turbulence. However, I go through day by day and doing my best to put it at the back of my mind and lock it inside a dark drawer. I need to function as best I could and appear that I’m not fazed by anything.  I know everyone is facing a battle that befits their current situation and my problem is not unique. This should give me comfort and on most days it does, however there are just teeny moments when that anxiety seeps from the dark drawer where it belongs. I squash it immediately before it distracts me further.



For us who are going through a situation wherein we don’t know what to do or how to manoeuvre our way to “cushion” pitfalls, let’s just repeat this mantra, “I’ll cross the bridge when I get there... I’ll cross the bridge when I get there.” It may not be of much help in the actual situation but it helps your psyche. Keeping a calm mind and a good head on your shoulders is important to your health so that you’ll be in good shape when the boat is rocked. So let’s keep the faith and support each other whatever we decide to do with our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment