Thursday, May 5, 2016

Wallflowers unite!

I often wondered how I’m drawn to lonely souls. In a crowd, I almost always approach the outcasts. I feel a kinship towards them; a certain rapport that I find difficult to have with the loud ones. I guess it’s because I don’t want them to feel how I feel. I don’t want them to suffer the circumstances that I do when mostly left alone during gatherings. I seem to have a knack for coaxing shy wallflowers to talk to me. Birds of a feather, I suppose?

I came upon the realization that I’m drawn towards these lonely beings is because I’m one of them. I can’t really put myself out there like those extroverts but I can approach hose quiet souls and make them feel less out of place. I like alleviating their discomfort in a gentle and quiet way instead if mixing with the center of the crowd. I seem to get on better with the marginalized than the popular ones.

It still bothers me sometimes that I have difficulty in blending in with a large group of people but then I realize we all have a place in this heterogeneous world of lively birds and colorful wallflowers. I may try to mix-in with the lively birds but I feel better among kindred spirits and whispering wallflowers.


disclaimer: photo not mine. Click this link for the source

No comments:

Post a Comment