Saturday, December 27, 2014

Time, a playful character

I went up to our 2nd floor view deck to turn over my pillow that I “soaked” under the sun. I suddenly caught a glimpse of the sky through the tinted glass of sister’s old room. Wow. It transported me back in time. I suddenly thought, “How many years had passed since that day, since those days? So many things had changed. I’m no longer 14 or 15. I’m 21!” I just realized how fast time flew by. It seems only yesterday that I was contemplating about my feelings for someone. Now, that person is not as significant as before… Time can do almost anything with one’s life! I suddenly felt the need to pause time. To slow down and let me assess things. Day by day, it feels the same but when I look back now, a lot had changed. A lot had happened. I looked at the church in front of our house and remembered the days when it was not yet built. The place was an open lot and I learned how to ride a bike there. I looked back at the closed windows & remembered the countless times I played with sister there. Now she’s already married and has a baby! I looked down at the mosaic-square design of the tiles on our view deck floor. I remembered the old house and how it was broken down and renovated. The place was so dusty and we had to jam ourselves in one room while the house was being fixed. I remembered haunting the “ruins” of the house at night when the workers had gone while imagining what it would look like when it’s done. Looking so far back, a lot did change and happen. I didn’t notice it before because I was busy moving forward all the time. Now I have time for myself because I’m waiting for calls from offices I plan to work for. I realized I’m really not a kid anymore. I didn’t really reflect or thought about me getting older. I wonder what my kid me and present me talk about if they’ll meet? It’s curious! I also realized that trees that I rarely notice & rather took for granted slapped me the knowledge of how many years had already passed. I stood on a part of the yard where I know I can see a patch of the sky without contact from the sun. It’s a cool & shady place because it has lots of plants. The trees there as I had known them were not enough to cover that patch of sky. I stood there again this afternoon & to my surprise I can no longer see the sky. Branches & leaves of trees have woven themselves together & covered the sky. I realized how big they’ve grown! Trees grow gradually thus I don’t really notice their progress so it took me by surprise when I realize they’ve really grown tall & big. So much time has passed since I lazed around… Time is indeed very playful! It catches you unawares!


I wrote this quite a long time ago but I decided I want to include it here. I have other old writings I want to publish here soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment